About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Melrose Plantation



















House where Clementine Hunter painted





Looking in teh side window of the Hunter house.








Happy Friday the 13th. I have to admit that I lean a bit toward the dark side. I love the old horror movies, the weird and creepy and off-the-track stuff. I adore skulls and alot of the things that most people find disgusting. I am a little different but not in a bad way--With today being Friday the 13th, I just know that something good has got to happen. You know, maybe tonight would be a good night to get one of the old Vincent Price movies out, or one of the Underworld movies and sit down with a big bowl of popcorn and just "veg" out. I am a fan of Horror flicks though--The old Dracula movies, yeah, I love those. I am so ready for the weekend! I have a show next weekend so this weekend will be a flurry trying to get ready for that. I will be at Melrose Plantation next weekend. It is a beautiful old plantation house that old outbuilding surrounding it. It has been restored and is gorgeous. There is even a guesthouse on the property that once housed Clementine Hunter. It is in Natchitoches La. If you ever get the chance, it is well worth the visit. They have a big festival there every year. It is really great.

I am hoping to get a few more pieces out this weekend and what I have done will just have to do.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Faye

2 comments:

  1. Wow..beautful pst..those are some gorgeous photos!! Yay..I am a dark-side kindred too! Rock on!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye, will try again. Blogger is acting up today. As I was saying, I am the opposite of you. I dislike all that is weird and creepy, but guess what, I was born on the 13th, met my husband on a Friday the 13th and we took out our marriage license also on a Friday the 13th. Now is that weird? LOL Great pictures BTW. Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete

Comments