About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Renewal

This is Henry--My foundling.  He loves his mama so much and mama loves him too.
Isn't it amazing that spending such a short time doing something that you love renews your soul.  I haven't been able to get any "art time" in since I came back to work--but last night, after dinner, I decided to say "the heck with everything else" and go up to my studio for a couple of hours.  I just felt like I needed a retreat.  I get so bogged down with things that I have to do, that I put aside the things that I love to do and I can feel it--I get irritable and short on patience and just feel the need to "run away", to get away from all of the weight that is bearing down on me--that's when I know that I have to take time and get away from the office stuff, the house stuff, the garden stuff, the animal stuff, the site stuff and the list goes on and on and on.  Walking into the studio and breathing in the smell of paint and paste is regenerating.  I didn't really get anything done but I got alot accomplished.  I got projects to the next level--primed, gesso applied, even a little painting done.  It put me in a better frame of mind--hopefully it will last for a few day (I know Lewis hopes so too) :).

1 comment:

  1. Hi to all, as I am truly keen of reading this webpage's post to be updated on a regular basis. It carries pleasant stuff.

    my web site Psn Code Generator **

    ReplyDelete

Comments