About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Janis Joplin-The beginning.......


I had a great weekend.  Stayed busy in the studio both Saturday and Sunday. I did finally finish (well almost) the paiting above.  I just have to varnish it and put the saw tooth hanger on it.

And........I finsihed my bird painting (almost).  I still have to put the hanger on the back. I love the layered effect.  I ended up putting two layers of tar gel on it.  If you have never tried it and you are a fan of mixed media, you should.  It is a "Golden" product.  I love it.
 

I finished this one also.  This is not a good picture of it.  It is a little blurry.  I ended up framing it in a a gold frame--still gotta put the hanger o this one also....

This is the second bird picture that I have done.  It is in the preliminary stages.  I covered the piece of wood with sheetrock mud, I marked up the sheetrock mud with a nail and other assorted sharp objects.  I put a light wash of acrylic paint on it --assorted colors.  Then I sanded it, repainted it with another wash, let it dry and cover with a gel medium to seal it.  Then, painted the bird.  I have added assorted ephemera on it, but it is not shown in this picture.

I will cover it with tar gel and continue layering........

This is the beginning of my Janis Joplin.  I still have alot of work to do on it, but I did get a good start on it.......

I decided to use unconventional colors for her face, I thought it fit.....

still have to work on the arms, bangels, rings, and touch up the feathers on her head,

I went to Tractor Supply this weekend and found some plants thats I think will go great in my garden.
I bought some Asparagus and rhubarb.  I have tried to plant it before but it didn't make it.  When I lived in England I grew rhubarb and gooseberries.  I had a great old lady living next to me.  Her name was Stella.  I could give her rhubarb and gooseberries and I would get a pie in return.  How great was that?  I also bought several vines and bushes- 2 Sweet Shrub, 1 hummingbird vine, and one Weigela.  They are all supposed to attact butterflies and hummingbirds.  I took pictures of them, I will post them.

Hope that you all have a creative week!
F.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love your paintings and all the layers that you put into them. The painting with the yellow bird is my favorite. Tar gel sounds interesting to work with, so I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have been busy! Love them all- Janis looks so awesome so far! Wish you lived closer- we have a huge patch of rhubarb and I give it all away as we don't really care for it. We have it planted in a shady location- maybe that would help? Have a super week :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments