About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Remodel Complete

I have finally gotten
the remodel complete, the pictures below are of the finished Studio--top and bottom floors. I am so happy to say that I finally had a weekend to paint. I painted ALL weekend long. Lynn, my BF came over and we had ourselves a "Art Day" yesterday, and it was much needed. The first set of pictures below are of the top floor of my studio.









The pictures below are of the first floor--I will use this primarily as storage, but also have a work area set up so that my tools are easily accessible.











The picture below is of my Assistant-Shay. She is my best helper. She has been in our family for about 7 years. She was a "pound puppy" and one of the best little friends that I could have. She follows me everywhere and has a bed set in all of my "hang outs".





The pics below is the top floor--where I will spend most of my time.









Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. It looks like an artist playhouse...I am Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jody, I LOVE my new space. It was much needed. I know that I will put it to great use.

      Delete
  2. So glad you stopped by and commented on my kitchen so I could find you! I used to paint (badly, and long ago) and when I see amazing artists and their creative studios, I get the urge again. Happy to be following you and Shay!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kelly,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and the sweet comment!! You place is amazing and you inspire me. One day, I hope to begin my remodel. I want my kitchen to be red and white with the black and white checker board floor......oh, to dream. :) Hope to get to know you better and thanks for becoming a follower.

      F.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by Enchanted Revelries, which led me here! Your new studio space is rather awesome - what a shame you have so few art supplies (snicker). What a treasure trove to play with and in! Congratulations! I remodeled my studio two years ago - and I still pinch myself to make sure it's real!
      Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  3. Hey Ya Tristan. Glad you stopped by. Yes!, I am so glad to have it done--finally! We have been busy for the past year building a barn and it had taken up all of our spare time. But now it's done and I can dive into the paint and paste--I can barely contain myself. I was in there all weekend--the first "art" day that I have had since Oct. I was beginning to have withdrawals. So I am one excited chick!!! Now, back to building up the inventory for the upcoming festivals. Hope to talk to you again
    F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your space is so great, so much room and storage! I love your paintings, they are magical and beautiful.
    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving such nice comments. I LOVE my new work space--it was much needed and it is much appreciated!! Hope to get to h chat with you again.

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,what a happy creative space!
    Can I come play?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a lot of work that must have been! But now you have a fabulous "play" room. Love it. Everything is so neat and organized. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, now total envy has set in! TWO FLOORS! You lucky thing. I have a 10 x 12 (as you saw on my site) and am sooooo grateful to have that much. Now if I can just keep the lizards out. How they find a way in is completely beyond me. Just about every time I'm in my studio, the great Lizard Chase occurs. I would rather chase the litter buggers around my studio, catch them, and toss them out the door than to see them in all their dessicated glory when they have the rudeness to up and die in my studio (& in some of the weirdest places).

    I'm starting to agree with you. Maybe we were twins, separated at birth LOL. Your studio looked almost as bad as mine before you cleaned up! But now, it looks awesome.

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Comments