About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Amazing Creatures


Over the past two years, we have lost over 50 trees, most of them large oak tree, due to the drought.  This is our third year in a row with very little rain fall.  This past weekend we were cutting yet another one of our beloved trees.  It was dead and too close to the fence.  We keep the dead trees off the fence because it it falls and takes out the fence the horses will get out.  Anyway, while Lewis was cutting the tree he spotted the stick bug in the tree trunk.  If you look at her closely you will see her baby attached to her back-end.  Animals (furry and other) are amazing creatures.  Who would have ever thought that a stick bug would take care of their young.  Who knew it?  Anyway--just a short post today.  I have saddles to clean and I am working on Nessy--I will post it later.  I haven't taken any pictures of her yet.

F.

3 comments:

  1. WOW- that is an amazing picture! I would never have thought a stick bug would take care of her young either- amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at bugs from a slight distance, well spiders are really the only ones that bother me. I still like those as long as they don't get too close. I would love to be able to ride horses more often, I just never seem to have the time to visit my sister who has horses. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an amazing photo,never seen anything like it.
    Our summers have been dry the last few years,this one was extremely hot. A quarter of our leaves are down and doubt we'll see fall color. We too have lost some trees.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments