About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

I spent the day, hunkered down, expecting gale force winds and rain.  What I actually got was very little wind and a smidgen of rain.  Now, don't get me wrong--I did NOT want the strong winds, but I would have loved to have a full day of rain.  But, I made the best of the situation. I put in "Sleepy Hollow" with Johny Depp (What a beautiful man to spend a rainy day with...mmmmm, I mean, what a great movie to watch on a cloudy, mushy day :0).  I really enjoyed the day though--I sit in the rocking chair and drank a cup of Pomegranate tea and did some sewing and stuffing on some primitives that I have been making.  I added the grunge sauce to them and baked them.  The house smelled so good! Like cinnamon and vanilla.  When Lewis came in he thought that there had to be something delicious to eat--sorry.   No Cigar! The power surged in the middle of baking and it took out a phase of power, thus, no water.  The pumps require 3-phase and we were operating on 2.  Sounds like I know what I'm talkin' about, doesn't it?  Wrong-0.  I called the water plant and that's what they told me.  So, instead of having the pork roast and potatoes I was planning on making (no water to clean up the dishes), I made a left-over pizza from the night before. 


Here is a picture I painted a few days ago....... 







I still have some finishing touches to make on her but she is basically done.  Hope you all have a great Friday.

F.



6 comments:

  1. LOVE yourp painting, the colors are terrific too !
    Sounds like you escaped the worst of the storm.
    I have family in Hanrahan. They're ok ,no power but not a lot of damage.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you missed the storm damage. I hope that you get your water back soon. I love your new painting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your paintings! Thank you so much for popping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments. I am off to explore some more! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you have no damage and came through the storm well.

    We were in Biloxi on vacation and left early so we would not be there when it hit. We went to Tunica, stayed a few days and left for our home in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had no storm damage. I hear you about the rain. We finally got some rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You mentioned wanting to start journaling and I wanted to let you know that I came across some Teesha Moore videos on youtube a couple of years ago which really helped me out of my art journal rut. She teaches a simple, funky collage style that you just can't go wrong with. I have been feeling much freer in my art journal ever since. Check it out if you like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx1z9Y3D7j8&feature=relmfu and stop back by to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Comments