About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Assorted Art and Little Time


Ringo1-008
Garden Thief 022-001Garden Thief 020I have been playing around with photography for the last couple of days and find that I really have fun with it.  This picture is of my baby,  Ringo’s eye.  I started with and ordinary photo and edited it in Googles free program, Picasso.  I have been working in my Etsy store trying to get some of my newest pieces posted.  There just doesn’t seem to be enough time—even when I have the day off.  There are so many thing that I want to do, and I always think that “if I didn’t have to work”, I could get it all done—but, I can’t.  Granted, I can get a lot more done but my mind is always racing and there is always something else to try…………..
I have tried a new technique with paint and shaving cream.  You put shaving cream on a glass pane or clear plastic sheet and add dribbles of different color paint—swirl with a palette knife.  Then you place it face down on your canvas and wiggle it around.  Scrape it off with a palette knife, let sit for a few minutes to set the paint and them wipe clean.  It makes beautiful paint effects.
Bees
IMG_0386                                                             
IMG_0376 These are some of the pictures I created using that technique.   After I finished painting them I used a thick coat of Golden Tar Gel to give them depth.  I am happy with the results.
Have a great day.
F.

8 comments:

  1. OMG - I LOVE your shaving foam pieces... such gorgeous colours. Fantastic horse face too .. like that effect a lot :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ike,

    Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving such kind remarks. I love using the shaving cream, it leaves such dreamy effects. Good to heard from you.

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love how your work is so colorful and alive-the photos and your artwork both. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shaving cream technique sounds interesting...and I love the pictures you did with it. The colors are so vibrant.

    Also the photos you altered are beautiful! I have Picasa but haven't done much with it.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello Janet,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind words. I haven't gotten to play with the photo stuff much either, but hope to learn more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Faye! Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. Quite the happy, colorful artwork here. I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Faye! I've been meaning to try that technique. Your results are fantastic! I can see you adore color as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Good luck with your shows! -Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Terri!

    Thanks for dropping by and leaving such kind words. Yes! I do love color--the more the better. Hope to chat soon.

    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Comments