About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, February 25, 2013


It is Monday morning and just getting in after helping my son's girlfriend take the critters to the vet--after one escape and one bitten-in-half leash.  Whew!! also went out looking for leather belts for my pursese, but was unsuccessful in finding what I wanted.  Another trip, I guess.
The picture above is one that I have been working on.  I painted the bird and birch limbs onto a board that had been covered with sheetrock mud, paint, and medium.  I plan on adding a layer of self-leveling gel (golden) and the adding more flowers.  The flowers are not painted on, they are decoupaged.  The outside border was drawn with a sharpie and filled in with acrylic paint.  I also added some text with a text stamp.

A close up.....
 

Really, that is all that I have completed this weekend.  I have about 5 pieces in the works and need to do some finishing up.  I hope to get out there some this week and at least finish 3 pieces.  I am at the varnishing stage on one piece.  One piece I want to do some beading on and this one.  I have 2 more pieces in progress and a Janis Joplin drawn out, but not begun painting yet.  I have so many plans and so little time..............

Hope you all have a great week!!
F.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. your paintings always have such a dreamy quality to them that draws me in. Beautiful work! At least the leash was bitten and not you! Hope you have a wonderful week ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments