About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Leather and New Mixed Media


When I went home last summer my son gave me some beautiful leather.  I have given alot of thought to what I would make with it, and have decided to make two purses.

I have made a fringe purse and a U-bag.  I haven't finished them yet, but have got a good start on them.  My sewing machine was having a very difficult time sewing through the leather and I had to sew alot of it by hand with an Awl.  I have sewn the leather around the perimeter of the purses, but still have to make the linings, cut the fringes and decide on  handles.

This is an acrylic painting that I did several weeks ago, but wasn't happy with it.  I have turned it into a mixed media and am much happier with the results.

I added paints, inks, gesso, charcoal, butterflies and covered with a thick coat of Golden Tar Gel.  After that dried I added the rhinestones.

Here is the finished piece.

Hope you all have a great Thursday.
Faye
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Is that the leather in the first pics?? It is gorgeous!! I cannot wait to see the bags! I love your finished piece on the flowers. The colors are amazing and it has such depth=even through the computer screen. It must look even more incredible in person! I am so ashamed while I am visiting your blog. I have spent the entire week shivering under a blanket on the couch and complaining about the cold. I HAVE to do something creative this weekend- you have inspired me with your painting :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments