About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

365 Days

The old year has closed out and new one has opened. Like a blank journal with 365 fresh, white pages--waiting to be written.  Fresh, linen paper, clean and new for us to begin our journey.  That is how I am going to look at this new year dawning.  It is mine to do with as I wish.  Sure, there are some things that I cannot change, but there are so many things that I can change.  So many dreams left to pursue, so many pieces left to paint.  I have decided, as my New Years Resolution--no, I am not going to call it a resolution because they always get broken--I am going to call it my Goal.  My goal for the new year is to develop a web site and really push getting my pieces out, call a few galleries, do a few shows and find an outlet for my Art.  What do I have to lose??  Sure, there is rejection, every chance that you take and every call that you make has a risk of rejection--but I am a big girl, I can take it.  When my son was little and I would talk to him about his future, I would tell him to pursue that one thing that he really loved.  As Michelle Wright sings "You only get one time around" --you can't go back and change the path that you have taken, but it is never too late to alter your course.  As you get older and looks start to fade, you dig for something deeper than looks to validate your existence and if you are lucky you find that "one thing" that you really love to do. Your priorities change with age also.  The children are grown and you find that you have a little time again.  Time to do the things that you gave up so many years ago because something had to give. A sacrifice had to be made so that you could squeeze every minute that you could out of 24 hours and take care of your job, your home and your family.  When the "crunch" begins to subside and you can breathe again--that is when you can really dig deep and find out what it is that you really WANT to do. What I really want to do is create--to take a thought and make it tangible, create art based on my life experiences, from places that I have been, things that I have seen and moments that I have lived. My wish to you for the New Year is that you find the ONE THING that you love and pursue it--whether it be art, travel, yoga or sky diving and GO FOR IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments