About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011



Yesterday was a cold, gray and bleak day, one of many that we have had in the last several weeks.  It was the kind of day that you would love to be able to stay in, pull down the shades and forget about the world outside.  I don't like the winter months--Jan. and Feb. are real downers.  Gray, cold days--with very little sun. I am not a GRAY person.  I don't even like the color gray.  Not in paint, not in floors, not in furniture and definitely not in days.   Don't get me wrong--I am not a summer person either. In Maryland the summers were not so brutal and I reveled in the feeling of cool morning air and the sunny afternoons.  It was a different kind of summer than the summers that they have here.  The summer months in La. are long, hot and brutal.    I love the spring months and the fall months, all the way up to Christmas.  But January and February has a way of gettin' me down.  I spent the day in my Studio Sunday and it helped me tremendously.  It wasn't as fruitful as I would have liked it to have been but opening the door and inhaling the smell of paint and paste was like aromatherapy. It relaxes me and makes me forget about the deluge outside of my door.  I experimented with some of wash recipes that Michael DeMeng gave in his on-line class and was very happy with the results.  His use of colors and texture is incredible.  I am working on four pieces right now-all in different stages of progression. From mixed-media to Assemblage, I bounced from project to project while waiting for paint, glue or texturing to dry.  On the way home from work yesterday, Lewis suggested that we go and have Sushi for supper.  Sushi? Yessssssssss.  My all-time favorite, could eat every day food.  We went to this little place called the Avocado and got "The Love Boat".  It was AWESOME.  And, afterwards--Baskin Robbins for Chocolate Overload.  Did I mention that one of my goals this year was to lose weight?  Okay, well, the Chocolate Overload WAS reduced sugar (but the waffle cone was dipped in chocolate--maybe that was lowfat too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments