About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pictures from Canton

Well, it's official--the fall is the busiest time of the year.  Don't get me wrong,  I love it and it is my favorite season.  I love color and I just want to dive head-first into the golds, oranges, reds and browns.  It is a cozy time of year where you can spend time just taking in the cool evenings, especially after the summer that we have just had here.  It was brutal.  But, that is when I really begin gearing up for the fall shows and I never feel like I have enough inventory to spread around.  This year I have tried to remedy that with making prints.  I call them my "Resurrected Angels".  I have been a busy little bee trying to get  them printed.  I really don't know what sizes will sell well and what sizes won't.  So, I have made and assortment.  From Petite 4 x 4 to a larger 10 x 10 on Canvas and then 8 x 10 and 11 x 17 on print paper.  Since I am new to print making there is a learning curve.

  This past weekend, I broke away from the print making somewhat and did a little painting and building.  I needed a break from the mundane world of making prints.  I managed to get a sewing apothecary finished and three painting just about done.  I will go home in the evenings and finish the paintings.  That will just about do me for the shows.

As promised, here are the pictures from Canton and some of the goodies that I found.

I found a booth that had wonderful old pictures for 1.00 ea.  I stayed in that booth for awhile.

I like to use gloves in some of my shadow boxes, and I thought that the pick would be wonderful for making textures.

I think that this is a raccoon skull.  I will use this for my assemblage.  And the bracelet--I just liked it.



This is a mink skull--another treasure that I found. 

Women just love shoes--even if they are the wrong size.  I plan on reworking them.  Not sure yet what they will become.




These little angels and the heart above came from a booth that has beads and baubles and even animal skulls.





Add caption


















And, don't forget to pop over to my art website  Venus Blues Art Hideaway to enter your name for the "freebie" drawing on Nov. 24. You may win one of my new art prints.  Her name is Poppy and I call the piece "Abundance"

Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments