About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Life

Big John

 We finally made it to Friday--thank goodness!! It has been a long week.  I have been so busy with the job and the garden that I have had little time for anything

Shay

Last weekend we canned pickles and put up purple hulls.  I have another bushel and a half waiting to be shelled tonight or in the morning.  We have finally gotten some rain--5 1/2 inches so far, that should help everything. It was just getting so dry that everything was burning up.  You just can't seem to water it enough.

Lenore


When I walked outside last night, I heard a rustling sound.  I have been hearing it when I walk out on the porch.  Last night I  looked for source of the rustling.  All I could see was about 12 inches of snake tail--the rest of him was hidden by the bushes.  By the color, it looks to be a water moccasin.  I am not afraid of snakes, but I don't really like the idea of a water moccasin living by the porch.  I have a big water tub at the base of the stairs and Shay jumps into it almost every day. It is her "swimming pool".  I don't want to see her bitten by a snake--especially a cotton mouth.  Believe me, I looked for it this morning at 5 am when I took Lenore out to potty.  No sight of it--but there are plants and bushes along the walk and it isn't clear sight.
Lewis and a stick bug



 Lewis went to take the garbage out last night and came back in with this stick bug--isn't he just the coolest.  They are so "stick" like".  He offered me the chance to hold it, but I declined.  I am not that much of bug toucher--especially when they are  5 inches long.  He was awesome to watch though.


This is our latest "bandit". Lewis caught him in the garden this morning.  They love cantaloupes and watermelons.  They will destroy the entire garden. .  We take them to a real nice place and let them free.  Somewhere where they won't be messed with and won't mess with anyone.

This raccoon we caught a couple of days ago.  He really wasn't afraid of us at all.  he was laying on his back in the cage just looking at us as if to say "what ya lookin' at"?  He was really cute.  We let him go also.
I haven't been able to get into my studio much these last couple of weeks.  Too much going on around the place.  I do have about  5 different projects started and hope to squeeze in at least a couple of hours this weekend.  We have to rebuild our front porch, so we will be gathering supplies for that and start on that soon.    We always have plenty to do. I don't think that we'll ever catch up.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments