About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday already!!

 I had grand plans for this weekend but they didn't pan out--I did get the dill pickles made but we didn't get started on the porch--I slept in too late Saturday.  I know, my mom said that I would grow out of that and by the time I reached 40 I would get up early all by my self--she was wrong.  I am NOT a morning person.  I try to be, but it just ain't gonna happen.  My perfect time to get up is about 9 am and usually, like clockwork, I wake up about 8:45.  Well, that didn't happen Sat.  I woke up at 9:45.  By the time I had breakfast and coffee it was too hot to begin tearing off a porch.  The weekend was broken up anyway--I had to go to a meeting at the Art Gallery Sunday @ 2 PM.  Maybe next weekend :)  
My Garden is pretty much done.  I made Shish Kebabs Saturday.  Just soaked the veggies and chicken in Italian Dressing and terriyaki sauce for about 3 hours and then griledl them.  They are delicious and not too bad for you either.

This is my latest Bandit.  He was in the live trap Saturday morning.  They really do a trick on the watermelons.  They love them.  They will a chew a small hole in the rind and reach their little arm inside and clean it out entirely.




The possum ( you can see him barely--he is back in the corner of the cage) was also in the live trap Saturday.  These fella's musta been having a party.  He wasn't impressed by the fact that he was caught.  He, like the raccoon, adore watermelons.


 This is the raccoon saying "goodbye".  We let them go away from other houses, next to a bayou.  They are water lovers so they should be perfectly content.


The possum was facing the same direction as the raccoon but decided that he wanted to go the other direction.  So, you can just barely see him scampering across the road.  I am glad no cars were coming!!

This little pretty we caught this morning--He was in the watermelon patch.  I'm tellin' ya, if you ever want to catch a possum for something ? --watermelons are the perfect bait. 



 This is were he said goodbye--he ran away so fast that I couldn't get a picture of him, but he is in a good place.

So, Now it's back to work this morning.  I did manage to squeeze in a little studio time this past weekend--not a lot, but I did manage to get a couple of pieces rusted and some pieces apoxied and glued--you know, the drying time is a bummer!!  Hurry up and wait.  I wish there was a way to speed up the process.  Hope y'all have a great Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming for a visit and leaving such sweet words. I can totally relate to NOT being a Morning Person. I worked 2nd Shift so many years that I tend to be a Night person and that's when I'm most functional. *winks* Mornings are Beautiful, on the rare occassion when I wake up early enough to enjoy them, but I'm certainly not at my best during those hours.

    Glad you got your critters safely caught, we have had Gopher problems in our Veggie & Herb Gardens and even the Bohemian Cat Boys haven't been able to get the wiley things that are noshing on my Harvest and leaving a minefield of potholes all around our acreage. *Le Sigh*

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye, thanks for dropping by and leaving such lovely comments for me, it really makes my day if I have made someone smile or inspired them in some small way. Your work is amazing, very quirky and eclectic and I love how you use old stuff to recreate with and give new life to it. I hope your "mojo" picks up and you will soon be expressing yourself with joy and satisfaction. We all get in a bit of a slump, I don't know if you are a Pinterest fan but I always spend some time there when I'm looking for inspiration. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments