About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The finished Joplin.....


I finally finished the Joplin piece--I have to varnish it and frame it--I usually take the pictures of my art before I do either--it is hard to get a good picture after you varnish it--to many reflections and it is hard to center the shot up once it's framed.

I didn't usse my traditional face colors for her--she was flambouyant and phsycodelic and I wanted her colors to match her personality. 

I have another piece in the works and getting ready to start my
"Witch of November" I have to sketch it out first..........

The shows begin next month and between working, getting ready for them, the gardening ( I have planted lots of new bushes and trees this year), trying to lure in the butterflies and hummingbirds, and the critters, I have been busy.


Hope that you all have a great, creative week.
F.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love this and was,still am a huge fan of hers.
    Years ago I sang with a band and was told I did a great imitation of her....memories & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh....she is fabulous!!! I love her- you did an excellent job. Busy is good, right? Keeps a person out of trouble (lol). Have you had any luck with the hummingbirds and butterflies yet or is it still a little early? We had snow last week so it is waaay too early here :) I'm hoping we hit the 40's on the weekend and some of it starts to melt. I'm looking forward to "witch of november". I always love a visit to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments