About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Life............


I know that I have been an awful blogger here lately.  Life just gets in the way :).  It is spring time and the garden is waiting to be worked, I have been working in the flower beds and trying to get ready for several upcoming shows.  The picture above is my neighbor holding a baby rabbit.  We were out at my hubby's shop and Lenore, my border collie, decided to explore under the truck.  Baby rabbits went in all directions.  This is one that my husband rustled up.  He had gotten far way from his siblings, so we caught him and returned him safely to his family.  I had read that the mother would still take them back if you touch them.  I haven't seen them since--that was about a week ago.

This is a picture of a horse that I just finished (except for the hanger) It is on a piece of plywood with spackle applied for texture and about 3 layers of tar gel.
 


Friday morning, after Lewis had left for work, I decided to lay down for another hour or so.  About 8:30 I heard noises on the porch.  At first, I though Lewis had come back home because of the rain, but he never came in.  I continued to hear the noise, and upon investigation this is what I found. 
 

It was an opposum.  He came right up to the screen door and looked in................I think it was a female and she was either pregnant or had babies in her pouch.

This is my latest painting.  It is not finished yet, but getting closer.  I call it Bouddicca.  She was a warrior woman who fought the Romans in 400 AD. 


Hope that you all have a creative week.
F.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. The baby bunny is really cute and I love the new paintings. I have given you an award.
    http://janellescolorjourney.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments