About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good Days Coming

Well--it is official.  My vacation will begin on March 26th.  I have so much planned--where do I begin. I know that Lewis, my husband and I, are going to begin building a barn.  When that is done the shed that houses my studio, tack room and feed room will be turned into my studio--that will double the amount of space that I have--Oh yes, it is much needed. My space is very confined right now--no wiggle room.  So, for a couple of weeks I will be out of the studio working on the barn, but hope to be in not long after that cleaning and sorting and making my life easier.  I am really excited about this and can't wait to start.  That will be our vacation this year-- a "stay cation".  Maybe we can sneak away for a day or two and find a flea market or antique store--that is one of my passions--searching for hidden treasures.  I usually look for things to incorporate into my art, but sometimes I will find an old rusty thing that isn't good for anything really--it just speaks to me.  What was it's life behind the rusty patina--what kind of history did it make, whose hands held onto it and are those hands still with us today.  I love old things and the mystery that surrounds them.  I fill my world with art-ifacts of the past--things that you would find in my grandmothers house or my grandfathers barn.  They make art that is timeless--that speaks of a different time, and a rebirth in being incorporated into a piece that hopefully, will stand the test of time just like it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments