About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, March 21, 2011

I can see clearly now...............I went this past Friday and got contact lenses.  I have been fighting with glasses for years.  They are NEVER where you thought you left them, and you never have them handy when you want to read something.  So, after much contemplation I went to the eye doctor and got contacts.  I can say that the reason that I held off so long is because I just didn't know how they would do on a dusty construction site.  I guess time will tell with that one.  Well, my first trial was trying to get the little buggers in my eyes.  I had Lewis on one side of me and the Doctor on the other side of me, both giving instructions on how I should proceed.  How to angle my head, how to hold my finger, how to hold my eye.......whew, the pressure was intense.  Finally, I got the right eye in and attempted to work on the Left eye. Got that one right in--or so I thought, after an examination it was determined that I had lost that one somewhere...off to the well-lighted room again to look for the lost contact.  We finally found it and got that one in relatively easy.  I had a time Sat. morning, but finally got them in and out okay--or so I thought.  Sunday when I went to put my contact in my right eye, I felt something hard laying on the counter.  I picked it up and it was the shriveled remains of the contact that I took out the night before--I missed the solution container and it lay on the counter and dried out all night.  I thought that it was a goner but to my surprise after a couple of dunks in the solution it came back to life and I put it in--easier than the day before.  Seems like every day it gets easier to put them in and it is fantastic not having to wear glasses.  I should have done this a long time ago.I can actually look at the computer, read a magazine or dial the cell phone without having to look for my glasses first. 

On a lighter note, I did get up to my studio for a little while this weekend and got out a few pieces that had been waiting for the finishing details.  The alligator clips on the backs, signatures, isolation coats..........just those kinda things.  I did finish my "Don't Overlook Possibilities" piece  that is pictured on the top.  All in all, it was a good weekend.   The weather was awesome and it was peaceful--love tranquility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments