About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Friday, March 25, 2011

"Vacations so close that I can smell it--and I like the way it smells" Stole that line from my son, Pau.


Today's the last day at work for two weeks--------------yippee!!! Jumping up and down and clapping.  I am so ready for it too.  I like my job--most of the time, but I LOVE my time off more.  There are so many things that I want to do and so little time to do them.  If I could ONLY dig into all of the little containers that I have in my studio--wipe the cobwebs from the top, explore the depths of the rubbermaid house and find out what's really in them--who knows what could be produced--the possibilities are endless,  There are a multitude of projects, just waiting to be thought of, fabricated and displayed. This vacation I will not have alot of time to explore the depths of the containers because we are going to be building a barn--but after the barn is built I can expand.  My studio can go from total chaos to liveable once again.  I will have more space.  I have been  thinking about how I want to arrange it.  As you know, from my last blog, my studio size is going to double.  What I want to do is create a work space in what now houses the horses hay.  I want a table that I can work on and have all of my tools in one place.  My drills, hammers, saws, vices, anvils, etc. can all be easily accessible.  That will make a world of difference.  Imagine--needing something and it being right there.  Ahhh......sounds like a dream.  I also want a bin for all of my rusty metal parts that I use in my assemblages.  When I am working on a piece, I can go digging through a bin of beautifully rusted treasures.  Then of course I will have all of the other over flow from my working studio in there.  Maybe I will be able to find my sewing machine again.I may be able to use it without climbing OVER the back of the chair because I can't get to it from the sides.  You know, I have been accused of being a hoarder (lovingly of course)by my husband and son.  But, in my defense I do use the stuff that I find on my daily hunts. I read somewhere that "if you use the stuff for your art--you're not a hoarder" :)  I live by that quote and I am going to stand behind it--use it for my shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments