About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finally!!

I FINALLY got my studio remodel finished!!!!YES!!!, I am SO excited about that.  It is something that I have been planning on doing for awhile, but had been put on the proverbial "back burner" because of so many projects that we had been working on.  It took a couple of weekends but we finally got it done and I am super happy about that.  I have delayed any projects because of the state of my present studio condition.  It is such a cluttered mess.  This renovation added double the space of what I originally had.  Now, all is left is the organization (which has never been a particularly strong point of mine).  I have been formulating a plan and am now ready to go into battle--armed with plastic storage bins and labels and hope to emerge victorious.  Course, we will see how it works out.  I am going to be diligent about this, I am, I am, I really am.  My  mantra.  My husband did a great job getting it done and doing exactly what I had wanted and I am so proud of it.  I will post before and aft. pictures of it so that you can really get the gist of how bad my studio was.  My problem is this--I don't' do just one thing.  I don't just paint, or just make jewelry, or do assemblage, or mixed media.  I want to do EVERYTHING and have the supplies and materials for it.  I work on a construction site and am always finding something that will work "just right" for a future piece.  So, I carry all these goodies home and store them in my studio.  So, over time, I have squeezed myself out of my studio and made my work area a mess.  I now have storage.  So, I will concentrate on getting "Zen" back in my room.  I have to have some semblance of order to work and right now, I just don't have it.  I am really missing getting in my studio and working and the show application are beginning to come in.  That means that I really need  to get to work to start producing some new pieces.  Hopefully, after this weekend, I will be able to get space back in working order and create.  I feel a void when there is no "art" in my life.  Maybe that is why I feel so melancholy at times.  I have had so little to dabble that I feel on edge. Hope that all have a great week.  F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments