About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cantaloupe Cake and other goodies.......



Okay--So here it is................Don't you just love shiny, sparkly stuff!! I have to admit, I am not a "girly girl", but there is a little piece of my heart deliriously happy when I get a box in the mail full of bling...........oh yeah!! I love it!!  Fire Mountain is my all time favorite place to buy beads and findings.  They had an 80 percent off sale going on--in fact, it is still going on.  I think until the 12th of August.  Of course, that is only on select items, but I found plenty that I just "had" to have.
 
 The stone above is called "Laboridite. It wasn't 80 percent off, but because I had exceeded a certain amount got some money off of it.  I have been thinking about buying one of these for a long time, but have kept putting it off.  Since I qualified for the discount, I bought it--Happy Birthday to me! I plan on wire wrapping it and wearing it as a pendant.  Isn't it divine?  The colors are beautiful in these stones.  I think that they are mined in Canada.


 this is a photo of all the pretties that I bought.  I love all the blues and browns--decadent!!


 Some of the stones are man made--ceramic, that sort of thing.  Some are composed of apoxy and natural stones and some are just polished stones.  I find them all beautiful.


  This is part of a robot that I am building.  His upper body is started, but it was in the upstairs part of my studio and I didn't wanna run upstairs.  The night that I took these pictures,   it was like 105 degrees (0r hotter) in the bottom part of the studio. It doesn't have conditioned air--just a fan and it was hot.  If you had any question about it, you could'a looked at Big john, ( my Great Pyrenees) and made a quick determination.  He was in front of the fan, face hair blowing and jowls flapping.  He is my helper--bless his heart.  I do love him.


Big John


 More goodies from Fire  Mountain (above).  The little guy below is my first attempt at sculpture with paper clay.  Actually, it is only the second time that I used paper clay but have found that I really like it.  It is easy to use and very light weight.  It gets a little messy but that's okay--it washes off easily.  I like it because it doesn't need to bake--it air dries.  I got mine at a thrift store at a discounted price, but Hobby Lobby carries it also.  I also have a recipe to make your own--I got it online but haven't tried it yet.

 Okay--Here it is!! My Cantaloupe Cake!  I know, it doesn't sound good--at all.  BUT IT IS DELICIOUS. The cantaloupe tastes like peaches.  It is Awesome and if you like peach cobbler or as my husband say "crumble".  So, if you like peach crumble cake I think that you will like this too.  And the best part is--it is super easy to make.  Only took a couple of minutes to throw together.


 I cheated and added a little ice cream to mine--Cantaloupe Ala Mode............It was Delicious--Diet anyone?  I see it coming and soon.
Anyway--If you want the recipe for this it is as follows.  It came from All recipes.com and was submitted by DEMMORG.

                                                      Cantaloupe Crunch
Ingredients
3 C. cubed cantaloupe
1/3 C. lemon juice
1/2 C. white sugar
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. butter (melted) I used Margarine
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ( 18.25 oz.) pkg. white cake mix
1/2 C. butter, melted (again, I used Margarine)
                                                     
                                                    Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F ( 175 degrees C)

2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cantaloupe, lemon juice, sugar, flour, 2 tbsp. melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.  Transfer to a 9 inch square baking dish, and spread the dry cake mix evenly over the top.  Drizzle the remaining melted butter over the cake mix.

3.  Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.

Hope you enjoy!!

F.

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog...I love Fire Mt too...great bead place...I am definitely going to try the Cantaloupe cake...the hubby loves those...I made a few peach cobblers while living in Alabama...haven't tasted the same as when I could get the peaches straight from the orchard...so good!!!
    Stay cool I am thankful we are not having the heat you folks are...that is brutal.... :(

    best regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful load of treasure. Everything is so beautiful and Big John is too adorable. Have a beautiful week sweetie. Mina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mina,

    thanks so much for dropping by and such kind comments. Yes, Big John is adorable, isn't he?? I don't know how someone looked at him through the rear view mirror as they drove off--I just don't get it. But, their loss is my gain--we love him to pieces :)
    Thanks again for dropping by and hope to chat with you again soon.

    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Comments