About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Natures Beauty

Hello Everyone.  Been a couple of days since I have had a chance t get on here.  Just wanted to drop in and let you know what's going on in my little spot of the world.  We did finally get our generator.  It is  low noise with an electric start!! I love it.  I don't know if it's me--or if it ever happens to other women or not, but pull cords on gas powered equipment eat my lunch!! I just can't seem to get them started.  After pulling and tugging and getting red in the face, and finally hostile--I trump off and tell my husband to start the dern thing (in different language--to be sure)!! We actually bought it to put on the back of our camper.  It is big enough to run the A/C and all of the other electrical items.  We are planning a trip out of town in a few weeks, so it will be getting a trial run soon.  

 The star piece above is from a 60's  wall clock.  I tore the clock apart and have been working on a salvage piece called "Jerry Garcia's Ghost".  I will post pictures of it when it is complete.
 The flowers above are called Plumeria.  My BF gave me a plant last year that I have been  nursing.  It has finally grown into a respectable sized bush.  The flowers on it smell  heavenly. 
 The flowers or should I say  plants, below were actually rescued from my compost heap.  I usually make a big fruit salad about once a week.  These are pineapple greens that I had thrown in the pile and later  noticed that they were getting new leaves in the center.  So, I rescued them and planted them. They are still living--have any of you had luck with these??  I have tried putting them in water and starting them but they have always rotted.  These were in a dirt pile and started on their own.  Maybe that is the trick.  Plant the tops in dirt to begin the plant--this is new to me, so I am feeling my way through it with them.

 These are some of the pretties that I picked up this past weekend. 
 These are two vintage figurines.  It is a boy and a girl, but besides that I know very little about them.
 I have been looking for busts for quite a while--I found these at Goodwill (willies) for $3.99 ea.  I didn't think that was bad at all.  I will store them until my house is done (it's gonna happen one day--I just know it)!!
 This picture is really interesting.  It is composed of pins, pictures, and ticket stubs from the Olympics in 2008.  I thought it was a nice show piece.


Another picture of  Olympics memorabilia
The is an old picture that I picked up at Willies.  It has the original price tag of 42 cents on the back.  It is about 16" x  22"  It is very old looking.  There are some flaws in the print and also a little hole, but I thought that it added character and it is an incredible piece.  I know just where I will put it when I get my house remodeled.


 And, last but not least,  a beautiful black widow.  I know that a lot of people don't like spiders and snakes, but I love them.  It is a remnant from my tom-boy past I guess.  I think that black widows are the most beautiful spiders.  So sleek....shiny.   I never kill them.  This is a picture taken at work in one of the enclosures that houses the domestic water risers.  There are two of them in there.  I really hate it because I know if someone sees them, they will kill them.  Human nature, I guess.

So many times people hurt or destroy something beautiful because they are afraid of it.  I don't like to kill any of God's creatures.  I love them all.  I know, that is a little strange, but that's the way it is.  Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments