About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My son and his girlfriend bought me this book and fish for my Birthday--They know what I like!!


Hubby bought me new rain boots and an awesome camera that I have been drooling over since forever.

It's almost official--four long weeks of vacation!!! Yes, yes, yes--you heard it right, 4 weeks--Yippee...............  Since I was on here the last time I have had a birthday.  Hmmm, I don't feel any older.  When does it hit.  Does it come out of the sky, strike you out of nowhere or does it creep up on you and get you little by little, until one day you say to yourself--this is what old feels like?  It's strange, but my definition of old has changed and is still ever-evolving.  When I was a teenager, I remember thinking my mom was old, I mean really old and she must have been in her mid thirties, early forties. now that I am in my forties, my definition of old is in the sixties and seventies.  And, I am sure, that that too will change.  My number one supporter and love of my life--Lewie, bought me an awesome camera for my birthday.  It is a Canon Rebel.  I can't tell you how it works yet, I haven't played with it, but when I do get to it, I will get back to you :).  My son and his girlfriend bought me some super nice gifts.  My BF bought me a really cool skeleton with a crow on top, but when I got out of the car he fell on his head on the pavement and broke :(.  I am going to try and fix it with apoxie scult. I will post the pictures.  She also bought me a beautiful set of chimes and gave me some spending caah.........hello Hobby Lobby.  I really am blessed to have the family and friends that I have.  They really make me feel special.  Thanks Guys.  Love you all.

This is a project that I just completed.  I call it "Garcia's Ghost".  It is a little weird but I like the way that it turned out.





I have been working on pendants for the last couple of days.  I have them ready to pour so that will be this mornings chore.



These are prints of my original angels.  I have printed them on card stock and mounted them in bezels.  I will pour them with ICE resin this morning.

And, I had to leave you with the following picture.  I have been living here for nine years and this is the first time that I have seen this.  It is SO adorable that I had to share with you guys.



It is a flying squirrel.  He was just the cutest thing.  Hope your lives are all full of wonder.

F.


5 comments:

  1. Yep, the Ghost thing is different but so you! I am sure it will sale first, (remember the head) HeeHee! Louie and I keep our mouths shut now! I am so glad you had a good birthday, me too! Hagen says the Ghost fellow has on a gas mask, Love your critters, Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. My son loves to pretend that he is a super hero. So far it has been to hot for him to wear the cloak much, but I'm hoping that it will cool down soon. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I have been a bad blogger-guess if I am going to have a new follower I better get back at it-eh? I have been reading backwards on your blog and it is wonderful! I love your artwork and I love, love, love your garden! You sound like someone I would really get along with well!! I'm so happy to meet you :) Belated Birthday wishes and sooo nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had a lovely birthday, You got some great gifts and lots of love. Thanks for sharing all your pics, I love the fab steampunk creation and your angels are gorgeous.
    The squirrel is adorable peeking out of his repurposed home lol
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, You don't think it's too weird? I am definitely rubbing off on you!! Only took, what? 20 :)--What can I say, I am tenacious!! I don't give up. You are even starting to like colors. Eye-popping, come-out-and-grab-ya colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments