About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gallary in Grand Cane, La.

For the past year I have been talking to Jody Gore, with the Desoto Art Council, trying to schedule art intake for some of my pieces.  With such a hectic schedule for work and spring and summer shows, I had not been able to "get it together"--finally, last weekend I buckled down and took an inventory of some of the pieces that I wanted to submit to the gallery.  Today, there was a "rain-out" (much needed) and I got a chance to get the pieces deliverd.  Thanks to the great lady that works there,  Jody and her hard work and persistance, I now have my pieces in the gallery.


Grand Cane is such a nice town, so clean and quaint.  I love visiting there.  Jody asked me if I would be the featured artist of the month for September--I was so flattered.  Of course, I accepted.  I do need to get a couple pieces done for it.   I feel like I have gotten so much accomplished over the last few days.  Yesterday I went to the Blueberry Farm and bought 12 lbs. of Berries, I froze them last night and today-before I went to the gallery, Lewis and I put up 11 bags of peas.  I have a few spare hours this evening-a rarity, and I am going to go up to the studio and work on a "pair of shoes", my latest future project.  Be well and happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments