About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rain today.........

Rain, Finally.  I never thought that I would be so glad.  I have been working during the day and watering the gardens/plants every evening.  It feels like I am working to water--I hate to see my water bill this month.  There is nothing like a good rain to refresh the earth and plants and we need one so badly.

The picture on the left was taken at Melrose--it is a commissioned painting and the lady in the picture with me is Alecia.  She had requested that I paint her a large sized angel.  She lives in Lafayette, we met at melrose so she wouldn't have so far to drive to pick her up.

  This is a sewing apothecary that I made--my best friend ended up buying it from me.  I do have a request for another one from someone who visited the Fleur De Lis show but have to come up with a shadow box first.  I think sometimes that I enjoy creating these pieces more than I do painting.  When I was young I would create doll houses out of boxes and decorate the inside of the boxes with all sorts of little trinkets and findings until I created my doll a home--assemblages are sort of like that.  You sort through all of your "treasures" and "trinkets" until you find just the right one to add to the piece.  This piece has treasures from the Red River--my husband brought home beautiful pieces of broken ceramic, pottery, glass, stones, shells and lots of other odds and ends that he picked up from the job site. The site that we're on now is being filled from dredging  the Red River.  Sand is being  pumped onto the site to build it up.  On windy days the top layer of sand blows off leaving the glass and other items exposed for us to find.  Every day is like a treasure hunt.  I have found so many beautiful rocks, sea glass, pottery and ceramic pieces.  Anyway--back to the piece above.  If you look closely you will see a wisteria pod (given to me by a good friend and neighbor)--she is another one who brings me countless treasures for my art, old lace and even a shell decorates one of the shelves (also found here on the site).  I have spent very little time in my studio the past few weeks--hopefully, that will change soon and I can get back in there doing what I love--breathing in the smell of paint and paste. Happy creating to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments