About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Well, I have a few ideas for my art projects, problem is, there is very little time to work on them.  I haven't gotten a project out since I came back to work.  I have a few in the making but none are near completion.  I have been thinking about my fall shows--it is time to start booking them.  I just am not sure how many I am going to be able to do.  Inventory is low right now.  If I have the show in Grand Cane in September, the Mooringsport show in October and the Fleur De Lis Show in November I am still contemplating the Jazz festival.  I need to crank out a few more pieces before I commit to any more shows--i think.  Don't get me wrong--I am grateful to have a job, especially in this troubling economy, I just wish that I had more time to pursue the things that I really enjoy.  I guess that we all have pick and choose, and until were ready to take the plunge and say "Hey, this is what I want to do full time", than we have to juggle the time that we have. If the drought ever breaks than it will free up alot of my time, right now, I spend hours every evening watering the gardens and flowers--my gourds are doing good and hopefully I have a pretty good crop to use in my Art.  Until we chat again-F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments