About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Such a relief!!!

A beautif site--a barn full of hay.


 Well,  this weekend I got someting accomplished that I dread ALL year long but have to do every year--yep, that is to get hay for the horses.  I only get 200 bales but it feels like a thousand!!  We started early saturday morning and were back home by about 10. This year was a new experience, we had to figure out how to get it into the barn. If you have been keeping up with my posts, you kn ow that my husband and I were building a new barn.  It is a 2 story and the hay goes on the top.  We did pretty good up while we could stand on the top of the hay wagon and throw it in the doorway--a little engineering had to be performed when we had to rig up a device to get it up to the 2nd floor when the haystack got lower.  We have a pulley hooked to the roof of the barn and used a hook to latch onto the bales and pull them up.  It took a little longer than it normally does, but hey........the hay is in the new barn........yippee.  That means the old hay barn becomes my new work room. I was able to get up to my studio a few evenings this week and even some this weekend.  It refreshes me, and it was much needed. I sorted through some of my stuff and took it down stairs to my new workroom, while I was doing that  I took a few pictures of my treasures that  me and my husband have found at work--we are dredging sand from the Red River and these goodies are some of the things that we have found, yeah I know, it looks like trash to most of you but to me it is a treasure.
I use these goodies in my "salvage art" and asssemblage.  Who knows where they will end up.  There are pieces of old pottery, ceramics, petrified wood, bones, rusty metal, sea glass and the list goes on and on.
We walk the site daily just looking around and I usually come back with my pockets (and Lewis' pockets) full of stuff. 
My pile of Treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments