About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Down in the South

Mom made it down Friday Night/Sat. Morning and we just kinda relaxed Sat.  Yesterday we went to Jefferson, Tx.  We went to the antique stores.  We had a really good time but it was soo hot.  Some of the stores there do not have air conditioning and they had to be 110-115 degrees in the back.  I think the outside temperature there was 106 degrees.  It is just hot.  I will be so glad to see this summer end.  Come on fall is my daily mantra.  I do like the summer, I just don't like the extremes.  I found a couple of neat things when I was out yesterday.  I found my BF a couple of her birthday presents and I found an old pair of baby shoes to use in a piece of work.  I also found an ancient juicer to go with my ancient ice crusher.  I just love old things.  So much history behind them.  You have no idea how many hands have held them or whose hands have used them--so mysterious.  Today we will probably go shopping at an antique store here and shreveport and my favorite store--Good Will.

Hope that you all have a great day--stay cool.

Closed When 102 Degrees ( A sign in a store window)

Antique store in Jefferson Tx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments