About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to work

Well, our 3 day weekend is over :(.  But it was exceptionally good--we didn't do anything special, didn't go anywhere, didn't even BBQ.  We did get alot done around the house, more pointedly, the barn.  Lewis made alot of progress towards getting the stalls built and I had 2 glorious days in my studio.  Lewis told me that I didn't need to work on the barn with him, that he had it--so, I spent the days in the studio.  I made alot of headway--I got an angel painting finished, an assemblage and another painting done--they had all be started, just waiting to be completed.  I really needed it too.  Sometimes, I just get too consumed with the "have to's", that the "want to's" go to the way side. This weekend the temps. were so hot (103 Sun. and over 100 yesterday), that it brought in some much needed rain. If you listened close enough I swear that you could hear the trees sucking and slurping--yep, it has been that dry.  It did put off the locals fire works for awhile--not for long though.  Big John, our Great Pyranneese is so afraid of them--he was just a mass a jello. He is a foundling, so I don't know what he has been through, what his life history is and why he is afraid, but he is terrified. I was on the floor with Henry and John during the worst of the banging.  Hope you all had a great 4th.  F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments