About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Time Off

This is the Guardian of the Animals, an assemblage piece that I did.
We are in the middle of a three day weekend--much needed, I might add.  There has been no break in the weather, it was 103 degrees yesterday with 100 degrees forcasted today.  We did get some of the posts up in the barn for the stalls.  We have the outer shell of the barn complete, but we need to finish the stalls, the tack room and the feed room.  We are getting there slowly.  My neighbor has access to a bunch of shelving and he has been bringing us some of that.  The plan is to turn my old hay barn into a work room and storage room combined.  I hope to have shelves on one wall and one row down the right side (freestanding) and have my tool bench on the other.  I can't wait to get that done.  I did manage to get up to the studio yesterday and work on several pieces.  I didn't get any thing done, but I got 4 pieces in different stages of completion--hopefully, I can begin getting them done soon.  Today we will probably work on the stalls again and maybe I can sneak up to the studio and get a little done.  Hope that you all have a great 4th.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sounds like ya'll are really busy! We stay busy too with our stuff! Missed ya'll at the Hearn reunion this year! It was fun! And of course the weather was really hot that day like it is today here. Only 102 degrees in the shade.
    love ya'll,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have loved to have made it to the reunion I miss seeing every one, that weekend we went to get hay--I was afraid if I waited too long it would be gone. With the drought going on in Tx., they are coming here and getting hay. Would love to see you guys. F.

    ReplyDelete

Comments