About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Skin Deep
The Eyes of a Clown
Pearls of Wisdom


As promised, here are the pictures of the projects that I started and finished this past weekend.  Some days are just good days.  The first one is called "Skin Deep", it is only in the beginning stages and looks a little gory right now.  It still has alot of work to be done before it is finished.  The second piece, "The eyes of a Clown" worked remarkably fast.  I had it finished in record time.  I painted her in acrylic and used acrylic paint pens to paint the black designs, the third project "Pearls of Wisdom" is an order that was placed too long ago. I finally finished it--I am going to put this one in the art show in September.  I have a few sketches drawn that I plan to incorporate into paintings, just have to have the time to get to it.  I haven't been up to the studio this week. I plan on maybe getting up there tonight and starting a tile or canvas.  Or maybe just work on my assemblage piece.  The weather here is so hot, we fight it all day--when I finally get home I just want to soak up the AC.  The art show is in September, I am hoping to at least get several more pieces completed for that.  I can't wait to finish my studio.  If you keep up with my blog, you know that we built a barn and I am planning on using the old tack room and feed rooms for storage and a work area.  That will free up so much room in my studio and make life so much easier.  I am planning on making part of the feed room a mini workshop.  I am going to add an "L" shaped work bench in there (along with additional plugs and lighting) and set up my tool room there.  It will be easier to use my hammers, saws, drills, dremels, etc. if I can just grab them and use them.  I am so excited about that.  Hopefully, by this fall, it will be done and in use.  Your work space matters.  If it is set up efficiently, it just makes it so much easier and less hectic.  I have shelves that were given to be by a neighbor and I am going to install them on the other side of the tool room and fill them with labeled boxes of materials and supplies, etc.  I would like to make the old feed room into a storage area for frames and canvases.  Maybe hang the frames on the wall and put the canvases on the shelves.  Can't wait!!  I haven't loaded myself up with shows this spring/summer like I normally do.  I just can't seem to get the inventory that I need to sustain me though the shows.  I have a few shows planned but am taking it easy until I get my studio the way that I want.  There are only so many hours in a day and after working full time, it leaves little time to squeeze in all of the other things. I think my website will be up and running soon.  That will be a real treat.  I would love to be able to sell my art without setting up at all the shows and festivals, but I think that you get so many contacts by doing the shows that it is worth your while.   Hope that you all have a blessed day.  F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments