About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Morning Glory

Yesterday, we resumed "Horse Feet".  It was 104 degrees when we got home from work--we decided to wait to clip hooves until about 7:30 p.m.  At 7:30 it was still 94 degrees.  Man, this is a tough summer..  I am more than ready for it to be over.  This heat is so hard on plants, animals and people.  Maybe (keep my fingers crossed) we will get some much needed rain this week.  I think that there is about a  30 percent chance--not much I know, but better than 10 Percent.  Today has been really nice, so far.  It is only 86 degrees and it is 11 am.  It has been running much hotter than that.  I think that the weather forecaster said that we had 27 days over 100 degrees so far this year, and 18 of the days were consecutive.  Whew--sounds hot, doesn't it?  Haven't made it up to the studio any days this week--some weeks are just like that.  Too much going on.  Maybe now that the horses are out of the way I can get some art work out.  I did check on shipping materials and found them locally at a pretty reasonable price.  Would love to get my web site up and running, maybe one day I could quit my day job.  Wouldn't that be a hoot!!  I would think that I had died and went to heaven.  The morning glory pictured above is one of my new flowers this year.  I had previously planted some purple ones and they are gorgeous, this year I planted "Scarlet O'Hara's and a "Patriotic Mixture".  I think that morning glory's are beautiful flowers, just don't get to see them much.  Usually  when I go to work it's dark and when I get home they are closed for the day.  Weekends I get to see them, though.  Hope that you all have a "Cool" day.  Be safe, F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments