About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Fall Shows

Mooringsport Show
The photo above was taken at the Mooringsport Festival--it is a small show but a good show.  I guess my booth is always in transformation.  I keep trying to find the "perfect set-up".  I have found out the that Grid Wall system is the way to go.  I was using plywood walls that my husband built for me, but they are too heavy and cumbersome.  Also, when a piece sells you end up with empty spots because it is too hard to move the pictures around.  I f you are contemplating having a booth--I would definitely consider the grid walls.  I have to get busy with lining up the fall shows.  I will probably do one in Oct., and 2 in Nov., and 1 in December.  I need to start getting my applications in.  The summer shows here are just too hot.   Especially this year.  The temperature wants to linger around 100 degrees.  I am a "fall" person and can't wait 'til it gets here.  Haven't made it up to the studio this week, but did get some supplies in that I have been waiting for to finish a project.  I am hoping that this weekend I can get up there and start working on a few things.  If you are in one of the regions that are experiencing the heat wave-be cool.  Stay safe.  F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments