About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Retreat

I was able to get into the studio this weekend and get out a few projects.  I took pictures of the pieces that I finished but didn't get a chance to down-load them.   Sometimes, the time that is spent working on a project is so productive and sometimes, it is an uphill battle.  I don't know what determines it--that's just the way that it is.  This past weekend, everything just flowed.  I knew what I wanted to paint/build and it went so smoothly.  There are other times though, that it feels like the process is standing still, your forcing it along.  I think that if I can determine the destination of the project before I get started, it helps.  Some people say that working from a sketch hinders them, stops the creative juices from flowing.  For me, it is the opposite.  If I have a clear vision where I am going then there is no indecisiveness.  I have a clear path and a clear mind.  If I jump head-long into a project without a clear vision, there is a battle to the finish.  I knew this weekend where I was going and in the process had so much more constructive time.  I actually finished a painting, finished an assemblage piece and began another assemblage. I hope to have the pictures uploaded by tomorrow.  Hope that you all have a blessed day.  F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments