About Me

My photo
I live in La, work full time and dabble in art when ever I can. I would love to be able to do my art full time--who knows, maybe one day I will. In the past year, I started doing Festivals, trying to sell my Art. It is A LOT of work, but worth it. I have met so many people with the same interests as myself.

Friday, July 15, 2011

When life gives you lemons..............

I have been experimenting with planting seeds from fruits and veggies that I buy.  So far, the avocado has been the most successful.  We planted an avocado seed and it has grown into a small tree.  It is about 3-4' tall.  These little seedlings here are from Lemons.  I just put them in a pot and kept them moist--they are growing pretty good.  I have also planted orange seeds but they haven't started to grow yet.  I planted them later than I planted the lemon seeds.  We'll just have to see what happens. I also planted plum seeds--so far, nothing.  Most of our garden we planted from seeds that we saved from last year.  We dry them out, put them in bags and freeze them until we are ready to use them.  That preserves them.  Our garden hasn't been a huge success this year, too dry, too many bugs, birds, racoons and opossums.  It has been a battle.  Hopefully--next year will be better.  One thing that we have really enjoyed are the melons.  They did well this year.  I keep a bowl cut up in the refrigerator so they are easy to get to and cold.  We eat them better that way.  A weekend is upon us--TGIF. Hope that you all have a blessed day.  F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments